Saturday, October 17, 2009

Rising From the Ashes

Today was a great day. I hit a new stride of running for an hour and got to 4.66 miles. I was thinking back, and I would have never imagined a year ago that I could even possibly do this. So if nothing else I have that.

The thing I'm struggling with is balancing my eating habits with exercise. Its almost like since I know I'm exercising consistently that I convince myself it is okay to eat poorly. I'm not sure exactly where that comes from, but it is making it difficult to meet my weight loss goal that I am so close to.

I bought a watch today that tells me how far, fast, how many steps, and my heart rate. It is mostly accurate, but I think it will help to run outside which I still struggle with.

2 Months to go.... I can't wait until I reach that finish line because it will mean so many things. I was talking to a friend of mine about why I'm doing it. Its closure to the year, this is a year where I've built my confidence and it has shown in my marriage, work, and physically. I know if I ever will have confidence to run 13 miles, now is the time.

I was listening to a song while running by Vienna Teng. In one of the lyrics it says, "Like a phoenix, I rise from the ashes." That is what this year is about, rising from the ashes.

1 comment:

  1. Hey Sarah! It's Sarah (Curtis) Johnson. Anyway, just saw your blog on FB and thought I'd "stop by". Anyway, I love the posts! Keep them coming. I am really wanting to get this baby weight off, but having a hard time...especially since I am limited in what I can do as far as exercising, etc. Thanks for the motivation! I'm really wanting to make a life change! If you get a chance, check out our blog....johnsonfamilyblogger.blogspot.com.

    ReplyDelete