Monday, October 26, 2009

Celebrations


So I started thinking about how I'm going to celebrate when I finish this Marathon thing. To me, it is important to celebrate your accomplishments. It is what keeps me going.

Jeff and I were planning on a Cruise to the Mexican Riveria for our anniversary/birthday/celebrate weight loss/have fun before the Marathon. I was stoked. But...when all the $$$ added up with rushing passport fees, and the lack of reliable internet service (needed when you are teaching online classes) That dream quickly went away. So....not sure what the alternative plan is...all I know that is after I cross the finish line, I want to go on vacation and eat lots of food that is bad for me (Just for a week).

I'm trying to get to the point where I can run consistently before taking a long walking break. So far that effort hasn't gotten anywhere. I push myself and feel okay (tired but okay) but the moment I stop I realize that I can't actually breath and am about to faint. Not such a good thing. My goal is to figure out how to read my body signals while I'm running. I can't seem to find a balance between pushing myself enough and pushing myself too much.

3 Months Minus one week to go......Cross your fingers I make it!

No comments:

Post a Comment