Monday, January 17, 2011

Lessons and Treasures

Little man is sleeping in his daddy's lap while Jeff plays video games. Watching them together is one of the greatest feelings in the world. There is something about how they look at each other and have an amazing connection that makes me smile.

This week's lesson...how to deal with Pee. Apparently little boys have this amazing ability to wet their entire clothing without even trying. Most the time this occurs at the most inopportune moment like 3 AM when all I want to do is sleep. So 4 diaper brands later and tricks with gravity I have a solution: Pants. Apparently the elastic band on pants holds the back of the diaper and keeps the Pee in! So far this has been our biggest challenge and whatever will work, I'm going with.

Our little guy is becoming less independent and likes to be held a lot. It is super fun to watch him with his funny faces. He smiles a lot, but for now I think it is just gas. Speaking of gas, he is a champ at loud farting. This is something that I think his dad is super proud of. We may have some crazy years ahead of us.

Good news is that I think we narrowed down day care. I have to make the check up visits but then I think we are golden. It is like 8 weeks away, but I will be sad and relieved when going back to work. Sad, because I don't get to spend as much time with my little man. Relieved, because I'm becoming incredibly stir crazy at the house and actually enjoy having some place to go every day.

Two more days and grandma comes to visit. I'm excited because Jeff and I get a night out, but I'm more excited to show off Reid to my mom. He's grown so much in almost 4 weeks and time is passing quickly. Off to explore more adventures. Until next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment